Call for Paper
Since the early 1990’s, the importance of Knowledge Management (KM) and Innovation management (IM) to create an organization’s competitive advantage has been widely recognized worldwide in the government, public and private sectors. KM and IM are interdisciplinary and complex areas of study by integrating technology centered and human centered approaches from the perspective of system science. The need for learning and innovation capability is critical for organizations, thus Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital have an important role to play as a catalyst for the proper achievement of both of them. This international KM conference, started in 2004.
The conference aims to:
- provide a cross-cultural platform for the Knowledge Management practitioners and academics in Asia to network with their counterparts in the West and vice versa.
- discuss the topics of mutual interests and navigate together the next generation of Knowledge and Innovation Management.
- enhance international networking and collaborations
This year’s conference is co-organized by Japan Intellectual Capital Management Association (Japan) and the Knowledge Management and Innovation Research Center (KMIRC) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong), and will be held in Kobe, an important port city and also one of the most attractive cities in Japan.
Who should join?
We welcome all of you who are interested in KM, Intellectual Capital Management, Innovation Management and Organizational Learning to join our conference. You can present at the conference or just become an audience without presentation.
- participants who only join the conference without verbal presentations;
- presenters withaccepted abstract; or
- presenters with full paper submission
After your abstract is accepted, a verbal presentation slot will be reserved for you. You can decide to present verbally just based on your abstract or further submit a full paper for inclusion in the conference proceeding. You are also welcome to attend as an audience (no abstract or paper submission is required).
Topics of the Paper
All topics in KM, Intellectual Capital Management, Innovation Management and Organizational Learning are welcome with particular focus on the followings:
|Intellectual Capital Management
Other topics relevant to the theme of the conference but not included in the above list will also be considered. You are also welcome to propose special session (with minimum of 5 papers) on particular topics at the Conference.
Selected papers will be recommended for publication in the regular or special issues of the following academic journals subject to their normal review procedures.
These journals include:
- VINE: The Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems (Emerald)
- International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science (IGI Global)